Sunday, January 24, 2016

Activity 1-8

    Since I have worked as a help desk analyst in the past I chose to match my KSA`s against a field I have never worked in. I compared my KSA`s with the responsibilities, Qualifications, and Preferred Qualifications and was pleasantly surprised. I have been in the IT field for a while and I have done more than I thought I have.

Knowledge:

  • Working knowledge of What’s up GOLD (Network monitoring software)
  • Working knowledge of various Office suite applications 
  • Knowledge of basic computer components, hardware and cables
  • Knowledge of Networking basics
  • Knowledge of Information Security Basics
  • ITIL v4 Qualified
Skills:

  • Setup more than 1,500 cpu`s up on a network
  • Fixed more than 1,000 network related incidents
  • Fixed more than 2,000 software related issue
  • Troubleshoot a wide variety of PC`s, mobile devices, and hardware equipment
  • Researched and fixed countless unknown issues 

Abilities: 

  • Ability to troubleshoot almost anything 
  • Greatly refined analytical skills
  • Ability to use common words to explain issues to customers
  • Tenacious appetite for learning
  • Works well with others
  • Military Veteran - Ability to follow directions right the first time


I have compared the list above to the Network Support Technician job and after going threw it a couple of times I believe I could totally handle this kind of job. I have taken Network and security basics at HCC so I believe I have a basic and working knowledge of both. Researching fixes to problems is second nature to me, so I think that would help me a lot in that position. I am ITIL certified so that`s a plus. The only things I believe I am missing is the industry experience, Network + cert, and the ability to communicate in Spanish. I plan on getting Network + certified after I finish my AS for Cyber. I really think I would be a good fit for that type of position.

No comments:

Post a Comment