Sunday, April 10, 2016

Activity 8-1

I chose to do a side by side comparison of two things I hold very dear to me. The Xbox One and the PS4. I chose to use the review found @ http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/xbox-one-vs-sony-ps4 since it was the most recent review I found out of the five that I read. The site used price, design, connectivity/ports, controllers, exclusive games, user interface, and dashboards to compare the two gaming consoles. They also provided both technical specifications, remote play, accessories and virtual and augmented reality if the reader was interested in comparing those items. They were very extensive with their research and findings. One thing that they could have covered and did not would be technical support for both consoles. No matter how good a technical device is, something always does and will go wrong.
The person comparing both consoles has had both consoles and in addition to playing with both, she has down research online about both consoles to evaluate them. The reviewer could not provide a solid winner since they both have their pros and cons. She did say that if she had a choice to buy a new console right now that the XBOX One would be the strongest candidate due to the Windows 10 gaming platform. I think the reviewer was subjective in her evaluation since it`s just her providing input even if  she does have both consoles.
 I agree with her in the since that the windows 10 gaming platform is pretty cool. My son plays tons of Xbox games on our all-in-one pc. I also have a PlayStation vita and enjoy playing PlayStation games on the small handheld. One of my favorite games is the “Devil May Cry” series. If Xbox didn`t have this game available now I would go with PlayStation all the way. Between the media content, the availability to connect my cable box to it, the customization, and the new backwards compatibility of the XBOX One, I am truly a convert. I started off with a PlayStation, then I got a PS2, then an XBOX 360, then a PS4, and then an XBOX ONE. The Xbox gets the most play in the house. Round one goes to XBOX.

No comments:

Post a Comment